What's Your Budget?
- 1 Check out the billing address
- 2 Add the new payment method
- 3 Check whether or not your payment is verified
- 4 Check if there were sufficient funds in your account
- 5 Fix credit and debit card errors
- 6 How to fix issues with your credit or debit card
- 7 Remove or update expired cards
- 8 Some more tips to fix the issue
- 9 Final Verdict
The trend of purchasing apps and games online is increasing day by day and it is an obvious fact that people also face declined or invalid payment method issues. If you are also facing the declined payment method issue and the reason is not obvious, you should read this article in which we have guided you about the solutions regarding the declined or invalid payment methods.
If you are also facing the problem of the declined method while purchasing something from the Google Play Store, you should try many other solutions because this is not a big problem and anyone can face it.
Let’s study from scratch and see what are the possible solutions to this problem.
Check out the billing address
If you have recently updated or change the address then there is a possibility that it is not verified and approved. So make sure to check the status of your billing address from the bank account and address settings. If it is showing appropriately and is saved, then it is better to look for other possible solutions because it seems that there might not be a problem with your billing address. So if you are not understanding the reason for this error message, you should forget this payment method and add the new one. Let’s see how to do it.
Add the new payment method
Sometimes there is a temporary or permanent problem with your payment method. At this stage, it is better to change the method and try the new one. For this purpose proceed with the following steps. These steps will work for Android users.
- As we know that all the users have pre-installed Google Play Store app. Open the app and go to the object that you want to purchase online and trying to make a payment.
- Now that you have opened the item that you want to purchase, immediately click on the buy option to add the payment method details. It will show your current payment method, for example, if you are using Google pay it will come in front of the screen first. It is the current payment method.
- After typing the current payment method you will see the option to change or add a different payment method. Click on this option and choose any of the other methods that are compatible with your phone.
- After adding any other different payment method, follow the onscreen instructions and complete the purchase.
In most cases, it solves the problem to a great extent.
Check whether or not your payment is verified
Sometimes the problem is with the verification status of the payment. It can happen when your payments profile is deactivated. To reactivate your profile, submit your payment information.
Here is how you can do this:
1) Sign in to your Google pay account that you are already using for payment and transactions.
2) In case your payment is not verified you will see the option of “Alerts” at the top of the screen after signing in to your Google pay account. Click on this option and enter any missing information that was the cause of the alert.
3) Click on the Submit button and wait for the Google team to respond for this purpose stay in touch with your Google account and keep on taking any email that you receive from the help center.
The payments are unable to process sometimes when the company requires additional information from the payment processor. When you will provide more information, the support team will immediately verify your payment.
Check if there were sufficient funds in your account
If you have insufficient funds in your account your payment will not get verified. As a result, you will observe the message of transaction declined. So if you think that there can never be a problem with your bank account and credit information, you should check out whether or not you have sufficient funds in your account.
Remember that there is very little risk of fraud while proceeding with the banks. So it is better to check the money and then proceed with the transaction again.
Fix credit and debit card errors
If you are constantly getting the popup message of an invalid payment method, then there can be a problem with your debit card or credit card.
First of all, make sure that the expiration date of the card is not over at the time of purchasing through the Google Play Store. Secondly, make sure that your card is eligible for international payments. It will also help you in successfully proceeding with all future purchases and you will not be seeing error messages again and again.
It is a fact that the Google cloud platform is a very great option when it comes to purchasing things online.
How to fix issues with your credit or debit card
Now we are going to discuss some practical methods so that you can easily go through the problem of “transaction declined“.
First of all, if you want to confirm whether or not there is a problem with your debit or credit card, you should figure out what kind of popup messages you are receiving along with the “invalid payment method” message.
In most cases when there is a problem with the cards you receive such messages:
- Unable to process payment: low card balance”
- “Unable to complete the transaction. Please use another form of payment”
- “Your transaction cannot be completed”
- “Unable to complete the transaction: expired card”
- “Correct this card info or try another card”
Here you should also confirm whether or not you are submitting the correct information and right credit card number.
Remove or update expired cards
Expired cards also cause the failure of transactions, so it is very important to update the expired debit credit cards.
To update expired cards:
1) Sign in to https://pay.google.com with your Google Account. Remember that these steps will work if you are going to purchase something from Google Play Store. however, if you are using iPhone then you will sign in to the App Store or iTunes store in case you are purchasing a book or a CD.
2) Find the payment method you are trying to use for the purchase.
3) Check the expiration date of the payment methods listed.
4) Remove or update any expired payment methods.
These steps will also work if you are using a Visa card.
Here it is worth mentioning that sometimes the address information can also cause an error while making payment. It happens when you have everything ok and money is there in your account when the addresses of your card and Google pay account do not match.
To fix this issue, you should verify that information of your address is consistent throughout the accounts including the bank account.
Some more tips to fix the issue
Although we have covered all the basics, you need some more tips to access your account and solve the issue with Google and payments, you should proceed with the steps given below.
1) If you see that your payment is involved and declined due to an issue with your account then it means that Google wants you to verify your identity again.
2) If you face the problem with changing the payment method, remember that the problem here again can be with your address.
Whether you use the iTunes store, App Store or Google Play Store, the basic solution method remains the same and the companies only accept the payment when they are satisfied with all of your basic information. However, in the case of the app store, you can make purchases by signing in to your Apple pay account and paying the money. Apple account also works when it comes to purchasing with iTunes Store. Now that you have learned how to resolve a declined or invalid payment method you should consider setting up you’re payment method so that you can deposit a small fee of 1 dollar at any $1 deposit casino nz in order for you to win big.